Welcome to i-Search
i-Search is the powerful live search plugin for your WordPress. Proudly build for WooCommerce. But not only WooCommerce. Every WordPress site can use it.
Some of the powerful advantages of i-Search
- Own algorithm: i-Search will index your site and build his own algorithm to provide high-speed search results. Search queries in 10.000 Products and over 18.000 tags are provided in milliseconds.
- Logging: i-Search will log every not found search query and provide the administrator a better post/page/product optimization.
- Search tags: Like WP own post tags you can add extra search terms to your posts.
- Did you mean strings: The administrator can add for every not found search query a ‘Did you mean’ string.
- Popularity index: i-Search will create a ‘popularity index’ based on users search queries and clicks. The search results are ordered by the popularity index.
- Popular searches: Never say ‘Nothing found’ to your visitors! i-Search will show today’s popular search strings instead of ‘Nothing found’.
- Many settings: You have many options in the admin settings. Take a look to the admin panel. (Username: demo PW: demo)
- Filters: You are no longer restricted to the creators choice. With intelligent filters, you are now able to show in the suggestions your own choices like SKU, Author… any information you want.
- Tabs: Don’t dump your visitors with mixed types of posts. i-Search provide you “TABs” in the suggestions for a better user experience.
- Templates: i-Search have 2 templates. 1. is a clean template and 2. is an advanced template with more information.
- Mobile fallback: i-Search detects mobile browsers and do a fallback to the clean template to provide a better user experience on mobile devices.
- Spam Protection: i-Search can detect spammers and disable logging for spammers.
- No need for coding: i-Search (if enabled in the settings) hooks automatically to WordPress search fields. Or easily by adding a shortcode you can add i-Search anywhere.
- Replace the WP search engine: WordPress looks only in the post title and post excerpt for search results. But with i-Search, you can add search tags and bypass the WP search engine (if enabled in the settings) to provide better search results and in High-Speed.
- Take care of your server: i-Search creates the images by the selected size on the fly (if not exists) and deletes the old images (created by i-Search) if you change the image dimensions. Most of the plugins leave the images on your server. Images you never need but take serious size on your server.
Step by step i-Search
Post based settings
Every post (based on your i-Search settings) have an options meta box. There you can add a different image for suggestions or extra search terms. Users who searched for similar terms will see this post in the suggestions.
Taxonomy based settings
Yes! i-Search index your taxonomies too. Every taxonomy (based on your i-Search settings) have an options metabox. There you can add image for suggestions or extra search terms. Users who searched for similar terms will see this taxonomy in the suggestions.
There are so many settings you can choose from. Try it yourself. Log-in to admin with the user: demo and pw: demo
In the analysis tab you can see all the not found search queries. There you can do an action for every query.
- Add a ‘Did you mean’ string.
- Add this string to bad words to prevent no more logging (wildcards are allowed).
- Add the string to a Posts/Taxonomies search strings
- Or just delete it
Frontend "Advanced Template"
The advanced template provides your visitors more information as the clean template.
With the intelligent filters you can add more information to your suggestions. In the screenshot take a closer look to the fields: “Author”, “Publisher”, “ISBN”. These fields are added via php filter. You can add fields as an array to:
Frontend "Clean Template"
The clean template is a clean and minimalist template. Ideal for mobile devices. Mobile users will always see the clean template. With the intelligent filters you can add more information to your suggestions. In the screenshot take a closer look to the fields: “Author” and “Publisher”. These fields are added via php filter. You can add fields as an array to:
Taxonomies in suggestions?
Yes! you can add any taxonomy to the search results. In this demo we have a taxonomy “Writers” and as you can see i-Search will also search in the taxonomies and suggest you the best results.